Outdoor Kitchen Construction
Outdoor Kitchen Construction In Sebastopol, Sonoma, and Marin County CA
Building an outdoor kitchen is a great way to enjoy the year-round beautiful weather we have in California. Whether you want to cook outside with your family or you want a sprawling outdoor living area with a kitchen to allow you to entertain guests. There are many things you'll need to consider when planning the construction of your outdoor kitchen, including the location, the design, the layout, what materials will be used, what appliances you'll need, and utilities such as gas, electrical, and water.
Why Do You Want To Build An Outdoor Kitchen?
- You want to entertain friends and family?
- You want a beautiful outdoor living area?
- You have an existing outdoor kitchen that is older and you want to replace it?
- You want to get more enjoyment out of your backyard?
Sierra West Construction is a full service outdoor kitchen contractor based out of Sebastopol, California and serving both Sonoma and Marin Counties. We specialize in the design and construction of outdoor kitchens. Whether you want a beautiful outdoor wood burning fireplace, an outdoor bar to entertain friends and family around your pool, or a fully equipped kitchen to entertain your guests in our beautiful California weather. Whatever you'd like to do with your outdoor kitchen, we'll be able to help.
Your Outdoor Kitchen Options
When planning an outdoor kitchen, the first thing to decide is what type of outdoor kitchen you want. There are custom built outdoor kitchens with limitless possibilities or we can also go with prefabricated kits that can be purchased and installed by a professional contractor.
A built-in, custom outdoor kitchen will be the most permanent and expensive option, depending on what your specific wants and needs are. Built-in outdoor kitchens are made to last with weather-resistant materials such as stone, brick, stucco, stainless steel, and more. You will have more flexibility with design and layout, materials, and the appliances that are being used.
Prefabricated outdoor kitchens or outdoor kitchen kits are less expensive than custom built-in outdoor kitchens, but they are going to be less flexible. You will have less control over the materials, layout/design, and the particular appliances being used within the kit.
Outdoor Kitchen Design Ideas
There are many different outdoor kitchen design ideas to choose from. The most important thing to consider is how you're going to use your outdoor kitchen. Will you be cooking meals for large groups of people or just your family, or with a few friends? Do you want a simple space for grilling and relaxing around an outdoor fireplace or do you want a more elaborate setup with a ample counter space, a sink, a fridge for drinks, a built in grill or flat top?
Some other things to consider when planning your outdoor kitchen design include:
- The layout of your outdoor kitchen. Will you have an L-shaped counter or a U-shaped counter?
- The materials you use. Will you be using stone, brick, stucco, or another materials for your countertops and cabinets?
- The appliances you need. Will you need a grill, a sink, a fridge, or other appliances?
- The services you need. Do you need to connect to gas, power, water, or sewer?
- Do you know the budget you'd like to spend? We don't want to show you ideas that are outside of price range.
Popular Outdoor Kitchen Trends
There are many popular outdoor kitchen trends to choose from. Some of the more popular trends that we can include in your outdoor kitchen are:
- Outdoor kitchens with wood fired pizza ovens
- Outdoor kitchens with pergolas or gazebos
- Outdoor kitchens with gas or wood burning fireplaces
- Outdoor kitchens with built-in grills or flat tops
- Outdoor kitchens with sinks and fridges
- Outdoor kitchens with counter space
- Outdoor kitchens with built in seating or a bar
Connecting Utilities To Your Outdoor Kitchen
If you want to connect services such as gas, power, or water to your outdoor kitchen, then it can complicate the project slightly. We will need to hire licensed sub-contractors for the electrical and plumbing. Depending on the scope of work there might be permits required.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Contractor To Build Your Outdoor Kitchen?
When hiring a contractor to build your outdoor kitchen, there are a few things to consider:
- The size of your outdoor kitchen. Make sure the contractor you hire has experience building outdoor kitchens of similar size and scope.
- The type of outdoor kitchen you want. Make sure the contractor you hire is familiar with the type of outdoor kitchen you want, the materials, the design, and the appliances.
- The materials you want to use. Make sure the contractor you hire is familiar with the materials you want to use and has previous experience installing them.
- The services you need. Make sure the contractor you hire is licensed and insured or has access to top-quality sub-contractors to take care of any specialty items such as utility hookups like gas, electrical, water, or sewer.
Building an outdoor kitchen is an excellent way to get more enjoyment out of your living space and increase your property value. There are many different outdoor kitchen options to choose from, so it is important to consider what you really want and need before starting any work.
Sierra West Construction Specializes In Outdoor Kitchens
At Sierra West Construction we've been in business since 1982 and have built numerous outdoor kitchens and outdoor living spaces throughout California wine county including Sonama and Marin County. We'll be able to provide you with location ideas, the best layout and design, appliances, and more. We can integrate your outdoor kitchen with existing landscaping such as a patio or pool deck, and our craftsmanship and customer service is unmatched!
So the real question now is... When do you want to start your outdoor kitchen?
If you'd like to schedule a consultation and estimate to build your outdoor kitchen please give us a call 415-462-3212 for Marin County and 707-237-3605 or fill out our online contact form and we'll get right back to you.